ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills
Online Course and Practice Tests
Our online program contains the information you need to pass the Sentence Skills section of the ACCUPLACER.
The program is divided into three areas:
- Introduction to ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills
- Sentence Skills Instruction
- Sentence Skills Practice Tests
A good score is important because your college will place you in courses based on your results. Considerable time and money can be saved by skipping remedial courses.
The Sentence Skills Instruction and Sentence Skills Practice Tests sections present the subject matter content included on the ACCUPLACER. The Sentence Skills Instruction section begins with the information and skills needed. Then the Sentence Skills Practice Tests section provides four sample tests for your practice. Each sample test consists of four (4) full-length practices tests with 31 questions each. You will have the opportunity to see the manner in which each item is correctly answered.
Topics Studied in the Course:
You will encounter Sentence Structure and Construction Shift questions on the ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills Test.
Sentence Structure questions ask you to choose the most appropriate word or phrase for the underlined portion of the sentence.
Construction Shift questions ask that a sentence be rewritten according to the criteria shown while maintaining essentially the same meaning as the original sentence.
To assist in your ability to respond to these types of specific quesitons, this program provides comprehensive instruction in the following areas.
- Recognizing Standard Subject-Verb Agreement (Number and Person)
- Using Standard Verb Tense
- Identifying Consistency of Tense (e.g., Verb Endings)
- Recognizing Standard Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement (Number, Gender)
- Using Standard Pronoun Case
- Identifying Standard Use of Possessive, Relative, and Demonstrative Pronouns
- Recognizing Standard Use of Adjectives and Adverbs
- Applying Standard Use of the Comparative and Superlative Forms
- Identifying Standard Placement of Modifiers in Sentences (including negative Modifiers and Prepositional Phrases)
- Recognizing the Appropriate Use of Standard English and Formal and Informal Language in Various Situations
- Recognizing Sentence Fragments, Run-on Sentences, and Complete Sentences
- Recognizing Instances in which necessary Punctuation has Been Omitted and Identifying Instances in which Incorrect or Extraneous Punctuation has Been Used
- Recognizing Standard Initial Capitalization and Capitalization of Proper Words and Titles
- Login to course area
- No set class times
- 24/7 online access to course materials
- 12 months access
- No tax or shipping
Who Should Take This Course:
- Prospective college students who want to skip remedial writing courses
- Students who want to take college level courses that count toward a degree or certificate
- Students who want to save hundreds of dollars in textbooks and course fees
Why Use Our Course:
- Our refresher course covers every tested competency in Sentence Skills found on the ACCUPLACER
- 4 full-length practice tests in Sentence Skills all modeled on the test objectives presented on the Official ACCUPLACER Web Site
- A results page for each practice test shows scores, items missed, and offers an opportunity to revisit any item to see how it can be correctly completed
- Students are continuously informed of weaknesses/strengths. Areas of weakness are accompanied by specific comments and suggestions for improvement
- Meets current ACCUPLACER Test Specifications
- We provide free telephone and email support
Our Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not 100% impressed and satisfied with any of our courses, simply contact us within 7 days of purchase and WE WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY, no questions asked!
Please note that because our refund policy has been abused in the past, refunds are only available to students who have completed no more than one practice test.