ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension
Online Course and Practice Tests
Our online program contains the information you need to pass the Reading Comprehension section of the ACCUPLACER.
The program is divided into three areas:
- Introduction to ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension Instruction
- Reading Comprehension Practice Tests
A good score is important because your college will place you in courses based on your results. Considerable time and money can be saved by skipping remedial courses in reading.
The Reading Comprehension Instruction and Reading Comprehension Practice Tests sections present the subject matter content included on the ACCUPLACER. The Reading Comprehension Instruction section begins with the information and skills needed. Then the Reading Comprehension Practice Tests section provides four sample tests for your practice. Each sample test consists of four (4) full-length practices tests with 20 questions each. You will have the opportunity to see the manner in which each item is correctly answered.
Topics Studied in the Course:
You will encounter Narrative and Sentence Relationship questions on the ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension Test.
Narrative questions require you to read a statement or passage and then choose the best answer to the question. These questions should be answered on the basis of what is stated or implied in the statement or passage.
Sentence Relationship questions have two underlined sentences that are followed by a question or statement about them. This type of question requires you to read each pair of sentences and then choose the best answer to the question or the best completion of the statement.
To assist in your ability to respond to these types of specific quesitons, this program provides comprehensive instruction in the following areas.
- Explicit and Implicit Main Ideas
- Statements and Ideas that Express and Support the Main Idea
- Expressed or Implied Audience and Purpose
- Evaluating the Appropriateness of Written Material
- Effect of a Writer's Language Choices
- Content, Word Choice, and Phrasing
- Identifying an Author's Attitude
- Recognizing How Language is Used
- Sequence of Events or Steps
- Predicting Outcomes
- Drawing Conclusions Inductively and Deductively
- Evaluating the Stated or Implied Assumptions
- Judging the Relevance of Facts and Examples
- Logic of Argument and Validity of Analogies
- Fact and Opinion
- Credibility or Objectivity
- Meaning of Words and Phrases
- Figurative Expressions
- Login to course area
- No set class times
- 24/7 online access to course materials
- 12 months access
- No tax or shipping
Who Should Take This Course:
- Prospective college students who want to skip remedial writing courses
- Students who want to take college level courses that count toward a degree or certificate
- Students who want to save hundreds of dollars in textbooks and course fees
Why Use Our Course:
- Our refresher course covers every tested competency in Reading Comprehension found on the ACCUPLACER
- 4 full-length practice tests in Reading Comprehension all modeled on the test objectives presented on the Official ACCUPLACER Web Site
- A results page for each practice test shows scores, items missed, and offers an opportunity to revisit any item to see how it can be correctly completed
- Students are continuously informed of weaknesses/strengths. Areas of weakness are accompanied by specific comments and suggestions for improvement
- Meets current ACCUPLACER Test Specifications
- We provide free telephone and email support
Our Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not 100% impressed and satisfied with any of our courses, simply contact us within 7 days of purchase and WE WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY, no questions asked!
Please note that because our refund policy has been abused in the past, refunds are only available to students who have completed no more than one practice test.